Sunday, October 06, 2002

A few years ago, when I still lived with my ex girlfriend, Kallie (not her real name -- I am having a ball changing the names to protect the innocent), I was upstairs doing something on the computer. Kallie was lying in the bed reading a book. It was late in the evening and the house was peaceful and quiet. I don't remember where Kallie's rowdy boychildren were (possibly at their father's house), but mine was quietly playing Nintento downstairs and just being angelic in general. I thought.

When I heard Nate knock on the door, I didn't even turn to look, just said 'come in,' and kept on typing. He quietly crossed the room and stood beside me. When I glanced over, it took me a few seconds to realize exactly what I was seeing. There stood Nate, stark naked except for a pair of shorts he'd made out of shaving cream. When the three of us stopped laughing (Kallie had looked up at about the same time I did), I asked him what the heck he was thinking. His response was that he'd gone into the bathroom and noticed a can of shaving cream in there, and then he thought to himself, 'Live a little.'

Sometimes I wish I was more like Nate.

Live a little. I'm tellin' ya.



No comments: