Saturday, September 04, 2004

My Life Against the Wall

Boom

boom

boom

beating

my blood against my veins
my feet against the ground
my fists against the wall

my body against your body

my life against the wall

beating
old as death

ceaseless.

a womb enclosed me
and I beat my head against it
until I emerged
bloody
gasping
into a box
surrounded by a wall -
covered by a stone.

I beat my life against the wall.

And my heart wants blood
or love
or both
and your body against mine
beating in a rhythm as old as death
while my feet beat the ground
and the wall doesn’t move

My bones break
but the wall doesn’t crumble

My heart breaks
and the wall doesn’t move

I beat my life against the wall
in a rhythm as old as death

knowing
somehow

that in the wall is a door…

and somewhere…

there is a key.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

incredible, awesome poem.... such eloquence about the despair of being trapped.... what