Thursday, January 20, 2005

Speaking of primates...

I spent nearly three hours last night grooming my mate. I removed a couple hundred microbraids from Jadyn's hair. It was tedious, yet strangely gratifying. I had to take scissors and snip off the ends of the braids, then unravel them with a hairpin, and finally pull the 'Not Jadyn's Hair' out from betwixt the real hair and throw it in a trash can. My hands were aching by the time I was done.

We started off with me on the coffee table and Jadyn sitting in the floor in front of me, taking the ones in front out herself, but then my back started to hurt so we relocated to the couch, with her head in my lap. I think I would have happily carried on with the process most of the night if not for the fact that I finished up by 10:30 or so and there just wasn't any more grooming to be done. It was very relaxing. Jadyn commented later on how slow and steady my breathing had become while I was working on her.

All in all, it was very companionable and somewhat intimate.

It's good to be a primate.

No comments: